Naval Support Activity Panama City is located on beautiful St. Andrew Bay in Panama City Beach, Florida. It has direct, deep-water access to the Gulf of Mexico. Panama City Beach provides a perfect location and environment for conducting year-round training, testing and research. NSA Panama City exits to enable warfighter readiness. NSA's largest tenant activity is Naval Surface Warfare Center (NSWC), still one of the major research, development, test and evaluation laboratories of the Navy. Another tenant activity at NSA Panama City is the Naval Diving and Salvage Training Center (NDSTC), the largest diving facility in the world.
- Over 1,200 students train at NSA Panama City each year from all service branches. 75% of the student popoulation is between 18-25 years old.
- NSA Panama City manages and facilitates 660 acres valued at $550M, while supporting the operations and readiness requirement of 18 Tennant Commands.
- Key Tenants include
- Naval Surface Warfare Center PCD
- Navy Experimental Diving Unit
- Naval Diving and Salvage Training Center
- Naval Facilities Command Southeast
- Center for Explosive Ordnance Disposal and Diving
- United States Coast Guard Station (Eighth District)
- Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission
- United States Post Office Contract Station
- Total Base Population: over 4K
- Active Duty: 335
- Civilians: 2737
- Contractors: 996
Direct Economic Impact
- With combined tennant Commands, NSA Panama City is the second largest employer in Bay County, Florida.
- Area Patrons (includes Retirees, Survivors and Family Members): 26.1K
- Payroll Expenses (does not include Family Members): $555.5M
- Procurement Expenses: $151.4M