- Announcement Number:
- ADMIN 19-164
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- $10 - $12 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
MORALE, WELFARE & RECREATION DEPARTMENT - PANAMA CITY
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT #164
Date: 09 August 2019
Position Title: ACCOUNTING TECHNICIAN
Physical Location: MWR Administration Office
Naval Support Activity Panama City
Panama City, Florida
Grade/Series: NF-0525-02, $10.00 to $12.00 p/hr, Per Experience
Employment Category: Flexible Position, No Benefits
20 Hours P/Wk, Mon – Fri
Area of Consideration: Local Commuting Area
Closing Date: Until Filled
Description of Duties: Maintains and reconciles accounting records. Records consist of various journals and general ledgers to include daily activity reports, inventory summaries, and general journal vouchers. Reviews, examines, verifies and analyzes a variety of documents for validity and accuracy. Reconciles subsidiary ledgers. Daily and monthly preparation of NAF accounting documents to include: daily activity record summaries (DARS), general journal vouchers (GJV), accrual journal vouchers (AJV), and vendor payments. Performs monthly reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers to include by not limited to return checks, customer deposits, accounts receivable and credit cards. Prepares and provides various financial reports and special financial information as required. Supports and assists with the daily functions of the MWR Administration Office.
* High school graduate with at least 2 years of accounting experience is preferred.
* Knowledge of fund accounting methods, procedures and techniques used in review and analysis of all classes of accounts well as a broad and direct knowledge of sound and accepted accounting principles.
* Must be able to accurately use all keyboards, including calculators, and typewriters and knowledge of MS EXCEL, MS WORD and OUTLOOK programs.
* Must be able to communicate well, both orally and in writing and be able to deal amicably with others in the organization and with the general public.
Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to address the above job elements and submit with application. Applications should include all experience, training, education, or other information that is relevant to the announced vacancy.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit the following to: MWR Code N92, 101 Vernon Ave., Bldg 468, Naval Support Activity Panama City, 32407-7001. Fax (850) 234-4334 or email to: email@example.com. POC is Betty Garner (850) 235-5737. DSN 436.
(1) Submit resume with a cover letter stating the title of position. And submit OF 306 "Declaration for Federal Employment". OF-306 can be downloaded at http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf .
(2) Present/former NAF employees must submit a copy of your last two annual performance appraisals.
(3) Present NAF Employees must submit copy of personal action report (PAR) showing current salary.
(4) College transcripts required if education is to be substituted for experience.
SPOUSAL PREFERENCE: The time period of eligibility for spousal preference begins 30 days before the military member's reporting date at a new duty station outside of the current duty station's commuting area and applies without time restriction except that spouses seeking preference with less than six months’ time remaining in the area may be non-selected. You MUST attach spouse’s orders. You MUST be referenced (family) on the orders. If you are not named on the orders, please attach a copy of the marriage certificate.
VETERANS PREFERENCE: If claiming Veterans Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4) as well as any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc) is required.
If claiming Gold Star Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-1300 as well as any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.) is required.
Applications/resumes must meet all legal, regulatory, eligibility and minimum qualification requirements.
If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on the application form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job.
As a condition of employment, selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds transfer within the first 60 days of employment.
The Department of Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.