- Announcement Number:
- ADMIN 19-176
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- $45,000 - $50,000 Yearly
- Areas of Consideration:
- See Below
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
MORALE, WELFARE & RECREATION DEPARTMENT
PANAMA CITY, FL
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT #176
Date: 12 August 2019
Position Title: BUSINESS MANAGER
Physical Location: Morale, Welfare & Recreation, Bldg 468
Naval Support Activity Panama City
Series/Pay Band: NF-0505-04 $45,000 to $50,000 annual
Employment Category: Full Time, with Benefits
35 - 40 Hours P/WK, Mon - Fri
Area of Consideration: Current CNIC employees within in local Commuting Area
Relocation Expenses: Not Authorized
Closing Date: First Cut-off Date is 19 Aug 2019
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Serves as Business Manager, providing executive level operational control of the management of MWR financial resources (appropriated and non-appropriated fund) with substantial advisory support in decision-making processes on planned and on-going program activities. MWR program activities at this level involving total sales, appropriated fund support, payroll and other income and expenses are less than $5,000,000 annually.
Policy guidance is provided by the MWR Director. Incumbent of this position is expected to exercise substantial freedom in planning, organizing, and directing the integrated financial management program, providing financial program analysis and evaluation reporting, interpreting financial results of operations, and for providing advisory services and assistance to operating managers on fiscal program issues. Participates with MWR Director in developing annual budget, long range program planning and capital improvement strategies. Regularly participates in installation meetings (i.e., MWR Advisory Boards, command staff meetings) and briefs senior level officials on the fiscal status of operations and financial impact on program changes.
Provides direction to the fiscal office staff in administering the MIS integrated financial system consisting of budgeting, official NAF accounting, payroll, financial management reporting, and security of MWR funds. Exercises second level supervision over fiscal personnel, with responsibility for organizational structuring, establishing performance objectives, and overall staff supervision through subordinate supervisors. May provide direction of MIS (computer operations) and/or other administrative services.
Plans, organizes work, and manages internal procedures and resources to ensure maximum productivity and economies. Prepares internal office financial plan and related records and reports and exercises authority on approved budget. Monitors programs on a regular basis and initiates corrective action to ensure support of operating programs of MWR. Develops long range plans in conjunction with internal Operating Directors, and exercises internal personnel management authorities as delegated by MWR Director with regard to subordinate supervisors and employees within the office. Effectively supports the Navy's Equal Employment Opportunity policies, and ensures compliance with fire, safety, and other environmental issues. Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Accounting, Business Administration or related field, or a minimum four years equivalent experience that demonstrates a broad knowledge and ability to apply principles, methods, and techniques of financial management, with a background in budgeting, accounting, and financial management reporting.
- Thorough knowledge of management practices and ability to analyze trends and developments and to make improvements in operating programs through innovative general business practices.
- Knowledge of fund accounting methods, procedures and techniques used in review and analysis of all classes of accounts.
- Knowledge and understanding of Non-Appropriated Fund (NAF) policies, procedures and requirements, regulations and guidelines as well as a broad and direct knowledge of sound and accepted accounting principles.
- Must possess above average oral and written communication skills and have ability to deal with individuals on different levels, including high-ranking military members, local and national headquarters staffers, civic leaders, etc.
Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to address the above job elements and submit with application. Applications should include all experience, training, education, or other information that is relevant to the announced vacancy.
This is a non-critical, sensitive, managerial position, which requires eligibility for a Secret Security Clearance in order to access IT II system and/or PII information.
A National Agency Check investigation (ANACI) is required via form SF 86 and fingerprints.
Must have or be able to obtain and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
May be required to work varied work schedules to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Occasional travel of less than 10% percent may be required.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit the following to: MWR Code N92, 101 Vernon Ave., Bldg 468, Naval Support Activity Panama City, 32407-7001. Fax (850) 234-4334 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. POC is Betty Garner (850) 235-5737. DSN 436.
(1) Submit resume with a cover letter stating the title of position. And submit OF 306 "Declaration for Federal Employment". OF-306 can be downloaded at http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf .
(2) Present/former NAF employees must submit a copy of your last two annual performance appraisals.
(3) Present NAF Employees must submit copy of personal action report (PAR) showing current salary.
(4) College transcripts required if education is to be substituted for experience.
SPOUSAL PREFERENCE: The time period of eligibility for spousal preference begins 30 days before the military member's reporting date at a new duty station outside of the current duty station's commuting area and applies without time restriction except that spouses seeking preference with less than six months’ time remaining in the area may be non-selected. You MUST attach spouse’s orders. You MUST be referenced (family) on the orders. If you are not named on the orders, please attach a copy of the marriage certificate.
VETERANS PREFERENCE: If claiming Veterans Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4) as well as any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc) is required.
If claiming Gold Star Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-1300 as well as any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.) is required.
Applications/resumes must meet all legal, regulatory, eligibility and minimum qualification requirements.
If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on the application form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job.
As a condition of employment, selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds transfer within the first 60 days of employment.
The Department of Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.