MORALE, WELFARE & RECREATION DEPARTMENT - PANAMA CITY, FL
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT #052
Date: 08 July 2021
Position Title: Admin/Accounting Clerk
Physical Location: MWR Administration Office
Naval Support Activity Panama City
Panama City, Florida
Grade/Series: NF-0503-03, $15.00-$16.50 p/hour, Per Experience
Employment Category: Full Time Position, With Benefits
40 Hours P/Week, Mon – Fri
Area of Consideration: Local Commuting Area
Closing Date: 24 July 2021
Description of Duties: Maintains and reconciles accounting records. Reviews, examines, and verifies a variety of documents for validity and accuracy such as invoices, purchase orders, and service contracts. Creates and processes requests for material, equipment and supplies. Reconciles subsidiary ledgers and responds to all vendor discrepancies. Daily and monthly preparation of NAF accounting documents to include: daily activity record summaries (DARS), general journal vouchers (GJV), accrual journal vouchers (AJV), vendor payments, new vendor setup, month end closing. Coordinates with and prepares monthly submissions to the Regional Business Office. Conducts cash counts. Supports and assists with the daily functions of the MWR Administration Office.
- High school graduate with at least 2 years of accounting experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the various steps and procedures required to perform a full range of accounting, business management, supply or related functions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft WORD, EXCEL and OUTLOOK programs.
- Organizational skills; ability to independently coordinate, track and follow to conclusion multiple small projects.
- Must be able to communicate well, both orally and in writing and be able to deliver exceptional customer service for both internal and external customers.
- Must be able to pass all required background checks to include Nation Agency Check with fingerprints
Your resume is the key means we have for evaluating your skills, knowledge, and abilities.
Therefore, applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to address the above job elements and to be clear
and specific when describing your experience, training, education, or other information that is relevant.
To Apply – follow online instructions at: www.navymwrpanamacity.com/jobs
For additional information call Betty Garner at (850) 235-5737
Or email at firstname.lastname@example.org Fax (850) 234-4334The Department of the Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital