- Announcement Number:
- NGIS 18-002B
- Position Status:
- $9.65 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
NAVAL SUPPORT ACTIVITY PANAMA CITY
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT #002B
Date: 24 March 2018
Position Title: Laundry Worker
Physical Location: Navy Gateway Inns and Suites
Naval Support Activity Panama City
Panama City, Florida
Series/Pay: NA-7304-02, Step 02 - $9.65 P/Hr
Work Schedule: 40 Hours Per Week - 7:00AM to 3:30PM,
Schedule subject to Weekend & Holidays
Employment Category: Flexible Position – Eligible for Medical Benefits under the Affordable Care Act
CLOSING DATE: Continuous Recruitment
Interviews scheduled and selections made as needed
Description of Duties: Operates commercial washers and dryers. Sorts, washes, dries, folds and delivers laundry in accordance with established instructions and/or as directed by Supervisor. Inventories laundry, records damages and issues requests for replacement. Maintains documentation of work performed on daily and monthly basis.
* Must have basic math and reading skills and be able to interpret instructions
* Preferred knowledge of cleaning procedures and processes, chemicals and equipment associated with laundry services and basic safety practices.
* Must possess a valid driver’s license and must favorable pass a background check.
* Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
* Position requires considerable standing, stooping, bending and working in tiring positions. Must
be able to lift and carry supplies and equipment weighing in excess of 45 pounds and move up and down stairs.
Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to address the above job elements and submit with application. Applications should include all experience, training, education, or other information that is relevant to the announced vacancy.
TO APPLY: Apply on line at www.navymwrpanamacity.com/jobs. Or submit resume and OF-306, available at the Visitor Reception Center, Thomas Drive Gate, Naval Support Activity Panama City.
For additional information call 234-4556. Fax 234-4334
The Department of the Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factor.