ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT ASSISTANT (OFFICE AUTOMATION)
- Announcement Number:
- ADMIN 19-157
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- $15.00 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
Morale, Welfare & Recreation Department
Naval Support Activity Panama City, FL
Position Title Administrative Support Assistant (Office Automation)
Physical Location Morale, Welfare & Recreation
Administration Office, Bldg 468
Series/Pay Band NF-0303-03, Range $15.00
Employment Category Full Time, Benefits Apply
Monday – Friday, 0730 -1600
Opening Date 05 March 2019
Closing Date Until Filled
Description of Duties
The primary purpose of this position is to provide administrative support for the Fleet Readiness Department, Naval Support Activity Panama City, FL. This position is in an office setting performing administrative and clerical work, supporting several staff members. Ability to effectively handle multiple assignments in a dynamic environment and have a good working knowledge of the organization. Will be trusted to handle sensitive information, and to keep files, folders, and schedules in proper order. Will interact with customers, staff and base personnel. Should communicate effectively and be courteous when interacting with others to create a positive work environment.
Essential Job Functions:
• Greets visitors, responds to general questions, refers visitors to appropriate staff or office location.
• Answers and screens telephone inquiries; takes and routes messages
• Provides program information and makes referrals to other community resources.
• Utilize Microsoft applications; Outlook, Word, EXCEL, Power Point, etc
• Uses office automation; Fax, Scan, Copy, Print
• Collect daily deposits and make bank deposits
• Prepares and maintains Petty Cash and Change Fund custodial ledgers.
• Maintains file on Public Works trouble calls, Facility Key log book, Vehicle Inventory log book,
• Prepares types files correspondence, travel vouchers, meeting notes, and other related documents.
• Acts as department Safety Monitor and maintains Bulletin Boards.
• Performs other duties as assigned to maintain department operations.
• Graduation from high school or equivalent
• One year of office administrative support, general office, clerical, or secretarial experience, with practices and procedures which includes preparing, editing, and reviewing correspondence, documents, reports and spreadsheets; and using automated software, such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Power Point.
Benefits as a permanent full time employee include: paid holidays, annual and sick leave, and eligibility to enroll in health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance programs, and to participate in CNIC NAF retirement plans, which includes the MetLife retirement program and the Wells Fargo 401k plan with up to 3% employer matching.
Conditions of Employment:
Appointment subject to a suitability or fitness, determined by a completed background investigation.
TO APPLY: Send coversheet, resume and OF-306 (required) to Naval Support Activity Panama City, MWR Code N92, Bldg 468, Panama City, FL, 32407.
For more information, call (850) 235-5737.
Or apply on-line at www.navymwrpanamacity.com/jobs
Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to address the above job elements on the application form, to include all experience, training, education, or other information that is relevant.
You should list any relevant performance appraisals and incentive awards in your resume, as that information may be taken into consideration during the selection process. If selected, you may be required to provide supporting documentation, including proof of education.
If you are a current federal employee, submit a copy your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50 and your last three evaluations.
SPOUSAL PREFERENCE: The time period of eligibility for spousal preference begins 30 days before the military member's reporting date at a new duty station outside of the current duty station's commuting area and applies without time restriction except that spouses seeking preference with less than six months’ time remaining in the area may be non-selected. You MUST attach spouse’s orders. You MUST be referenced (family) on the orders. If you are not named on the orders, please attach a copy of the marriage certificate.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE: Qualifying veterans must submit a copy of their DD-214 (page 4) and Form SF-15 with their application for employment.
Dept of the Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factors.
As a condition of employment, selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds transfer within the first 60 days of employment. This is a DoD standard method of payment of personnel. Employees will be subject to administrative action for failure to enroll unless a waiver has been obtained.