MWR Fitness Center
PLEASE SEE HOME PAGE FOR UP TO DATE INFORMATION ON OPERATING HOURS/LIMITATIONS DUE TO COVID-19 VIRUS.
FREE FITNESS ON-DEMAND
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, following DoD fitness and commercial opportunities can be accessed by following the links below:
DoD Fitness Platform
The DoD has multiple resources for individuals to maintain a level of fitness while preserving social distancing guidance. The below links provide free resources and workouts, using body weight or common household items.
Media outlets have identified multiple fitness organizations that are providing at-home services for free or for a trial period. The Navy does not endorse or support the identified commercial program opportunities:
Additional companies that have communicated with MWR Fitness for free at-home options include:
Prior to beginning any workout out it is recommended that patrons consult with their health care professional.
NOFFS Discover workout plans and more information by clicking here. Handouts are available at the NOFFS Zone slatwall. Download FREE "NOFFS" apps through your app store.
MWR GROUP FITNESS CLASSES ARE TEMPORARILY BEING PRESENTED IN MWR RACQUETBALL COURT "B"
The Fitness Center is comprised of separate fitness areas:
1) The cardiovascular area includes Life Fitness recumbent bikes, eSpinners and a versa-climber, Nautilus StepMill, Cybex Arc Trainers, and Precor AMT’s. The following PRT certified equipment is also available: Life Fitness stationary bikes, Life Fitness ellipticals, and Life Fitness treadmills.
2) The Selectorized area includes over 20 Life Fitness/Cybex machines.
3) The Free Weight area includes a full line of free weights, benches, dumbbells, six-unit multi-station, kettlebells, medicine balls and balance balls.
4) A separate NOFFS Zone (Navy Operational Fitness and Fueling System). The NOFFS methodology focuses on building a foundation of moving properly and efficiently. It is designed to improve resiliency, reduce injuries, and increase overall performance. The NOFFS is a system that can be utilized by all fitness levels and abilities to help you reach your individual goal(s) safely and effectively.
5) A separate stretching station.
6) Group Fitness Classes are presented in the Racquetball Courts until further notice.
Well appointed and spacious Locker Rooms are recently renovated and include Hot Saunas. Locker Rental is available from the front desk.
Gear Issue: We offer weight belts, jump ropes and various other fitness equipment.
The Fitness Center also offers monthly fun runs and fun swims, incentive programs, group fitness classes, fitness specialists and more.