OPERATIONS ASSISTANT-FOOD/BEVERAGE AT C-STREET CAFE
- Announcement Number:
- CSTREET 19-163
- Food and Beverage
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- $13.00 - $17.00 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
MORALE, WELFARE & RECREATION DEPARTMENT - PANAMA CITY
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT #163
Date: 09 August 2019
Position Title: Operations Assistant
Physical Location: C Street Cafe, Bldg 450
Naval Support Activity Panama City
Panama City, FL 32407
Grade/Series: NF-1101-03, $13.00 - $17.00 p/hr
Employment Category: Full Time, Benefits Available
40 Hours p/wk, Mon – Fri
Area of Consideration: Local Commuting Area
Closing Date: Until Filled
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
Duties include basic food preparation, from cold sandwiches to grill items. Plans, regulates, and schedules cooking procedures so that numerous completed food products are ready at the appropriate temperature and time. Performs other duties such as cleaning equipment and keeping kitchen and service area clean. Provides instruction and guidance to staff members on functions during their shift. Approves and disapproves leave, ensuring that schedules are set to ensure all program requirements are met. Conducts training on proper work methods and safety procedures. Advises and counsels subordinates on improving performance. Interviews and recommends applicants for selection or promotion. Manage the Long Glass Center to include reservations, scheduling and monitoring daily use.
* Knowledge of administration, policies/procedures, and supervisory practices in conducting day-to-day operations.
* Requires skill to plan, coordinate and time sequence steps needed to prepare food.
* Knowledge of characteristics of various foods and the ability to determine when food is done.
* Knowledge of food service equipment as in operation, safety cleaning and sanitation.
* Knowledge of sanitation standards in handling and serving food, and of personal cleanliness and personal hygiene
* Must be able to pass all required background checks
Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to address the above job elements and submit with application. Applications should include all experience, training, education, or other information that is relevant to the announced vacancy.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit the following to: MWR Code N92, 101 Vernon Ave., Bldg 468, Naval Support Activity Panama City, 32407-7001. Fax (850) 234-4334 or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. POC is Betty Garner (850) 235-5737. DSN 436.
(1) Submit resume with a cover letter stating the title of position. And submit OF 306 "Declaration for Federal Employment". OF-306 can be downloaded at http://www.opm.gov/Forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf .
(2) Present/former NAF employees must submit a copy of your last two annual performance appraisals.
(3) Present NAF Employees must submit copy of personal action report (PAR) showing current salary.
(4) College transcripts required if education is to be substituted for experience.
SPOUSAL PREFERENCE: The time period of eligibility for spousal preference begins 30 days before the military member's reporting date at a new duty station outside of the current duty station's commuting area and applies without time restriction except that spouses seeking preference with less than six months’ time remaining in the area may be non-selected. You MUST attach spouse’s orders. You MUST be referenced (family) on the orders. If you are not named on the orders, please attach a copy of the marriage certificate.
VETERANS PREFERENCE: If claiming Veterans Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4) as well as any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc) is required.
If claiming Gold Star Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-1300 as well as any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.) is required.
Applications/resumes must meet all legal, regulatory, eligibility and minimum qualification requirements.
If your resume or application does not provide all the information requested on the application form and in the job vacancy announcement, you may lose consideration for the job.
As a condition of employment, selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds transfer within the first 60 days of employment.
The Department of Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.