CHILD & YOUTH PROG. ASST. - Child Development Center Full Time 40 Hrs/week
- Announcement Number:
- CYP 21-003
- Child Care
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- $12.33 - $15.12 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
NAVAL SUPPORT ACTIVITY PANAMA CITY
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – #003
Position Title: CHILD & YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT
Child Development Center (CDC)
Physical Location: MWR, CYP, Naval Support Activity Panama City, FL
Series/Grade/Salary: Minimum: CY-1702-01 $12.33 P/Hr – Entry Level
Maximum: CY-1702-02 $15.12 P/Hr – Target Level
Per training and experience
Employment Category: Full Time – Benefits Apply
Monday-Friday 1000-1830 and occasional special events
Area of Consideration: Local Commuting Area
Description of Duties: The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of duties in support of the Child & Youth Program to include supervision of children and youth, indoor/outdoor activities, implementing and leading planned activities for program participants, provide supervision, and ensures compliance with law, policies and regulations applicable to DOD Child & Youth programs.
* Must successfully pass a local background check and submit to other background checks.
* Able to favorably pass pre-employment physical and drug test. Must be able to lift 40lbs or more and stand for long periods of time.
* Position is subject to special inoculation and immunization requirements as a condition of employment. Employee is required to obtain appropriate immunization against communicable diseases, which includes the influenza vaccine (Flu Shot).
* Experience working with children and/or youth preferred.
* Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, and follow verbal and written instructions.
* Able to complete all DoN training requirements within the specified timeframes, including orientation, Standardized Module Training, and other on-going training requirements.
* Must be at least 18 years old, have High School diploma or equivalent and current drivers license. Must be able to obtain a CDL driver’s license if 21 years of age.
TO APPLY: Apply on line at www.navymwrpanamacity.com/jobs . Or submit resume and OF-306, available at the Visitor Reception Center, Thomas Drive Gate, Naval Support Activity Panama City.
For additional information or assistance please call (850) 235-5737. Fax: (850) 234-4334.
Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to address the above job requirements and submit with application. Applications should include all experience, training, education, or other information that is relevant to the announced vacancy.
The Department of Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.