CHILD & YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT - Temp Summer Employment $17.39-$19.54 P/HR
Naval Support Activity Panama City
Date: 01 March 2023
Position Title: CHILD & YOUTH PROGRAM ASSISTANT
School Aged Care & Youth (Sports & Teens)
Physical Location: MWR, CYP, Naval Support Activity Panama City
Series/Grade/Salary: Minimum: CY-1702-01, $17.39 P/Hr – Entry Level
Maximum: CY-1702-02, $19.54 P/Hr – Target Level
Employment Category: Flexible - Monday-Friday, 30-35 hrs p/week
Shifts will be assigned within the operating hours of the center
Center Operating Hours: 0600-1830
Area of Consideration: Local Commuting Area
Closing date: Until Filled
TEMPORARY SUMMER EMPLOYMENT – NTE 09 August 2023
Description of Duties: To perform a variety of duties in support of the Child & Youth Program to include supervision of children and youth, indoor/outdoor activities, implementing and leading planned activities, provide supervision, and ensures compliance with law, policies and regulations applicable to DOD Child & Youth programs.
* Must successfully pass a local background check and submit to other background checks.
* Able to favorably pass pre-employment physical and drug test. Must be able to lifts 40lbs or more and stand for long periods of time.
* Position is subject to special inoculation and immunization requirements as a condition of employment. Employee is required to obtain appropriate immunization against communicable diseases, which includes the influenza vaccine (Flu Shot).
* Experience working with children and/or youth preferred.
* Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, and follow verbal & written instructions.
* Able to complete all DoN training requirements within the specified timeframes, including orientation, Standardized Module Training, and other on-going training requirements.
* Must be at least 18 years old, have High School diploma or equivalent and valid driver’s license.
Application forms available at https://www.navymwrpanamacity.com/about/job-opportunities .
Submit forms by fax to 850-234-4334 or email to:firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information call 850-235-5737
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce the COVID-19 vaccination requirement pursuant to Executive Order 14043 on Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Federal agencies may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing other workplace safety protocols, such as protocols related to masking, physical distancing, testing, travel, and quarantine.
Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to address the above job elements and submit with application. Applications should include all experience, training, education, or other information relevant to the vacancy.
Department of the Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factor