RECREATION ASSIST - LIBERTY PROGRAM
- Announcement Number:
- LIB 19-210
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- $10.46 - $10.96 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
MORALE, WELFARE & RECREATION DEPARTMENT
Naval Support Activity Panama City - Ann #210
Date: 17 September 2019
Position Title: Recreation Asst. – Liberty Program
Liberty Program -Unaccompanied Military Recreation Center
Physical Location: Morale, Welfare & Recreation
Naval Support Activity Panama City
Grade/Series/Salary: NF-0189-02 - $10.46 - $10.96 p/hr, per experience
Employment Category: Flexible, No Benefits Apply.
Up to 28 hours p/wk, Includes Evenings, Weekends & Holidays
Area of Consideration: Commuting Area
Closing Date: Opened Until Filled
Description of Duties: The purpose of this position is to perform a variety of front counter duties and to provide assistance with social and recreational activities in support of our Liberty Program. Incumbent will answer telephones and provide information on upcoming MWR events. Incumbent will help with recruiting interest in the Liberty Program, assist in setting up for special functions and events, and be active in developing program ideas. Work performed in a recreation center setting. Occasionally work performed outdoors during special functions. Must be able to work weekdays, nights, weekends (day or night shift) and holidays.
- Must have good customer service skills and proper telephone etiquette.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of video gaming and musical instruments helpful
- Knowledge of general office practices & procedures such as computer skills, word processing, inventory, data collection, and spreadsheet knowledge.
- Prior recreation experience is a plus.
- Must be flexible with scheduling
- Must be 18 years or older and have valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass local background check and other background checks as required
TO APPLY: Apply on line at www.navymwrpanamacity.com/jobs . Or submit resume and OF-306, available at the Visitor Reception Center, Thomas Drive Gate, Naval Support Activity Panama City. For assistance or additional info please call (850) 235-5737. Fax (850) 234-4334
Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to address the above job elements and submit with application. Applications should include all experience, training, education, or other information that is relevant to the announced vacancy.
The Department of the Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factor.