MARINA FRONT DESK/CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Announcement Number:
- MAR 2019-137
- Community Recreation
- Position Status:
- Flex, No Benefits
- $10.00 - 13.00 Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
MORALE, WELFARE & RECREATION DEPARTMENT
NAVAL SUPPORT ACTIVITY PANAMA CITY
Vacancy Announcement # 137
Position Title: Recreation Aid – Community Recreation
Front Desk/Customer Service
Physical Location: Morale, Welfare & Recreation
Series & Salary: NF-0189-01, $10.00 - $13.00 p/hr per experience
Employment Category: Flexible, no benefits apply
Schedule: 20 - 25 Hrs P/Wk. Typical schedule 3 days a week to include rotating weekends
Closing Date: Opened until filled
Area of Consideration: All Sources
Description of Duties: Serves as front desk POC for the Marina & Community Recreation Department, providing customer service, greeting customers, answering the telephone, taking messages and handling call referrals. Incumbent will perform a full range of customer services duties such as point of sales transactions, operating a cash register, processes rental requests such as fishing gear and camping equipment, also makes reservations for camp sites and cabins. Sells retail merchandise such as snacks, ice, soda, beer; restocking as needed. May make refunds and adjustments, resolve routine complaints and any other customer service related transactions. Assists in routine assignments such as inventory control and equipment inspection. Assists with basic custodial tasks in maintaining facility.
* Prior experience in retail sales with computerized cash register/Point Of Sale equipment
* Knowledge of basic accounting and cash handling, able to make change.
* Must be at least 18 years old and must hold a high school diploma or GED.
* Must hold a current Florida driver’s license and be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs
* Must complete food handlers and C.A.R.E. training with in first 90 days and obtain emergency first responder or CPR certification as applicable.
* Must have a neat, clean appearance and good customer relations skills.
TO APPLY: Apply on line at www.navymwrpanamacity.com/jobs. Or submit resume and OF-306, available at the Visitor Reception Center, Thomas Drive Gate, Naval Support Activity Panama City.
For additional information please call 235-5737. Fax: 234-4334.
The Department of the Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factor.