- Announcement Number:
- NGIS 2019-114
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- $13.90 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
NAVAL SUPPORT ACTIVITY PANAMA CITY
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – #114
Date: 23 May 2019
Position Title: Housekeeping Supervisor
Physical Location: Navy Gateway Inns & Suites
Naval Support Activity Panama City
Series/Pay Band: NS-3566-02, Step 05, $13.90 P/hr
Employment Category: Full Time – Benefits Apply
40 Hrs per week, to include weekends as needed
Area of consideration: Local Commuting Area
Closing Date: 07 June 2019
Description of Duties: Incumbent supports the Housekeeping Mgr in the supervision of Housekeeping, Custodial, and Linen staff to include training, scheduling, planning, work direction and administration; will assist with coordinating, supervising and completing inspections and inventories, including accountability for items removed from storerooms.
Responsibilities include making recommendations to, and assisting management with, personnel requirements, evaluating performance, recommending awards or corrective/disciplinary actions, approve or disapprove leave requests. Perform cleaning duties on an “as needed” basis and performs other related duties as assigned. Incumbent is considered “essential personnel” and may be required to work during inclement weather or other states of emergency.
- Requires one year of work experience that demonstrates knowledge of basic principles, concepts standards, regulations and administration related to housekeeping and/or custodial and laundry operations. Must be able to pass certification within 120 days from hire date. Expected to meet the requirements of a Certified Hospitality Supervisor within 6 months of hire.
- Must demonstrate experience of computer applications, math, and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Valid Driver’s license is required.
- Professional knowledge of the lodging organization, administration, policies/procedures, and supervisory practices in conducting day-to-day operations.
- Position subject to favorable National Agency Check.
- Position requires considerable standing, bending pulling and climbing. Must have ability to perform moderately strenuous physical labor. May be exposed to dirt, skin/eye irritants, cleaning solutions, etc.
Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to address the above job elements and submit with application. Applications should include all experience, training, education, or other information that is relevant.
TO APPLY: Apply on line at www.navymwrpanamacity.com/jobs. Or submit resume and OF-306, available at the Visitor Reception Center, Thomas Drive Gate, Naval Support Activity Panama City.
For Additional Information call (850) 234-4556. Fax (850) 234-4334
The Department of the Navy is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factor.