School Liaison Officer
Important information regarding the reopening of Bay District Schools (BDS) for the 2020-2021 school year:
Click on the title below for information updated on 29 July 2020:
VERY important update from the Superintendent regarding a PROPOSED new enrollment option for students.
It is called Bay Link…it is a 4th option for parents and students for their child’s education.
The School Board meets Tuesday, 28 July to discuss both parts of this proposal. Please go to the Bay District school website to watch the BDS board meeting LIVE.
PLEASE make sure your PARENT PORTAL INFO IS ALSO UP-TO-DATE.
Click below on each page for information on updating your Parent Portal information.
NSA PC School Liaison Officer (SLO)
Welcome to Naval Support Activity Panama City on Florida's Gulf Coast, home to the most beautiful beaches in the world. As the School Liaison Officer, I am here to help with the educational concerns of your school-age children. NSA PC is located in Bay County and the local school system is Bay District Schools. We have an excellent relationship with our local schools and our community.
If you are moving to NSA PC, I will be happy to mail to you a packet of pertinent information about Bay District Schools. Please email Panama_City_SLO@navy.mil to request your packet. Also, please download the Checklist for School Moves located in the downloads list to the right. This checklist will help to ensure that all necessary documentation is available.
My goal is to empower parents to be their child's best advocate in the educational process. I help parents navigate the school system and "level the playing field" for military families by ensuring that military children are given the best opportunities to achieve their highest potential at any assigned location.
There are seven core functions of the School Liaison Officer:
- Transition support (PCS)
- Deployment support
- Special education system navigation
- Communications: Command, school, parents, community
- Partnerships in Education
- Homeschool support
- Postsecondary preparation
Again, welcome to NSA Panama City. If you have any questions regarding the education concerns of your school-age children, please feel free to contact me. My office is located in Bldg. 126 (back of Public Works and Gym).
Helpful Resources and information:
Bay District Schools
- Information and web page links for the local public, charter, and private schools in the area may be found on the Bay District Schools website: www.bay.k12.fl.us (Click on "School Info" tab and then select "about our schools")
Youth Sponsorship Program (YSP)
- For students in grades 6-12
- Youth sponsors help with the relocation of their peers and are matched according to gender, age, and interests
- YSP Club is for all youth and meets monthly in the Youth & Teen Center. Activities are specifically tailored to the needs and interests of participants
- To arrange for a youth sponsor or for more information please email Panama_City_SLO@navy.mil.
CYP (Child & Youth Program)
- offers many different programs throughout the year for children and youth ages 3-17
- 10,000 sq. ft. facility that includes three spacious classrooms, computer lab, large recreational room, a kitchen, and a covered/outdoor basketball court
- CYP partners with 4H and Boys & Girls Club of America.
- For more information on Family and Youth events please call; 850-234-4938
- To visit our facebook page click here.
- To visit our website please click the CHILD & YOUTH programs tab.
Special Needs Students and Exceptional Student Education (ESE)
- Bay District Schools ESE Department - www.bay.k12.fl.us
- Phone: 850-767-4333
- Fax: 850-747-5298
Exceptional Family Member Program (EFMP)
- EFMP Liaison at NSA PC: 850-235-5611
NSA Housing Referral Specialist
- Phone: 888-832-4559
- NSA PC: 850-234-4248
Directory of Naval Bases
DoD & NDSP Schools
- Bay District Schools
- Boys & Girls Club of America
- 4-H Club
- National Alliance for Youth Sports
- Bay County District Schools
- Homework/Academic Skills
- Transitioning (PCS)
- Special Needs/EFMP
- Military One Source
- Interstate Compact